ACT NOW AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE! 🌎As international organisations like the FOA are pooling their resources to make a difference, we, as individuals, can also do our part. As consumers of food, we have the power to make a difference by supporting sustainable practices and reducing food waste. By doing this, we can protect our planet by reducing our carbon footprint, reducing resource waste, fight food insecurity, not to mention saving money and energy. If you too want to do your part in supporting a better future, here’s what you can do:
- Opt for a healthier diet by avoiding ultra-processed foods. With less demand for such foods, the supply of healthier options will increase.
- Opting for a healthier diet is a great way to maintain your physical and mental health but it is also good for the environment.
- When you shop for groceries, choose healthy products that are produced in a sustainable way. You can find information about how sustainable a product is by reading the labels and packaging.
- You can also make a significant difference by reducing food waste. You can do this by improving how you store food and by managing your resources better. The FOA recommends you buy less and use it all.
- To reduce waste, consider recycling methods like composting. This helps put nutrients back into the soil.
- To support the local ecosystem, consider building your own vegetable garden and supporting local producers.